Brainpower Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
Too much sugar causes a spike in blood sugar levels, then a steep drop, which can adversely affect memory and concentration. Replacing sugary fruit drinks with low sugar Little Me Tea ensures that children will have sustained brain power throughout the day.
- 1 cup Julia's Tropical Tea
- ½ avocado
- ½ banana
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic blueberries*
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 tbsp. flax seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
*Use only organic blueberries, as conventionally-grown blueberries contain high levels of pesticides.
Blend all ingredients well. If it's too thick, add water; too thin, add ice.
Serve nice and cold!
Why It Works
The ingredients in the Brainpower Breakfast Smoothie were carefully researched by the founder of Little Me Tea, Melinda Hicks. She selected each ingredient for its specific benefits.
- Little Me Tea — antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, which boost the immune system and keep the body functioning at peak performance
- Banana, Pineapple and Mango — natural sugars for a gradual release of energy, plus essential vitamins and fiber
- Blueberries — strengthen the brain and help with memory and cognitive skills
- Avocado — healthy monounsaturated fats, plus fiber, B6, potassium, and folate, which is essential for brain health and cognitive function, such as memory
- Flax Seeds — rich in Omega-3's, which keep your brain sharp and focused
- Milk — protein, which boosts brain power and keeps you feeling full